ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Lieven De Keyzer" <lieven_dekey...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Transactions
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 02:57:30 GMT
Sorry to pick this up again, but I still have got one question.
Wouldn't it be save to always wrap the calls in the service layer to the dao
layer,  in transactions? If this would be the case:

accountDao.insertAccount(account);

Dao Layer:
public void insertAccount(Account account)
{
update("insertAccount", account);
}

There seems no need to use a startTransaction in the service layer, because
only one statement is executed. But if the insertAccount method would change
to:

public void insertAccount(Account account)
{
update("insertAccount", account);
update("insertProfile", account);
update("insertSignon", account);
}

I would have to alter de Service layer code. I think it's a bit weird and
violates the principles of OO.  I guess I'm seeing this totally wrong?