ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Lieven De Keyzer" <lieven_dekey...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: struts vs ibatis - Integer type
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 15:03:53 GMT
>The only way to make that "clean" is to push the translation effort
>into your ActionForm and nest your real beans in the ActionForm. you
>would then have a String value that you convert and set into your
>nested bean. The other option is to write a different BeanUtils
>Converter implementation for numerics and register it
>(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api/org/apache/commons/beanutils/ConvertUtils.html#register(org.apache.commons.beanutils.Converter,%20java.lang.Class).

I like this second approach because I presume that in this case, all INTEGER
columns will be set to NULL if no value is provided. I just don't see why an
empty INTEGER column should be 0.
But how would I approach this problem? First rewrite the Jakarata commons
converter, and then recompile the iBatis classes with these commons classes?