ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rafiq, Adnan" <ara...@carreker.com>
Subject RE: Possible Connection Leak
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 15:45:18 GMT
Thanks Clinton.

We are using session beans to manage transactions in our application.
Moreover, since we have multiple databases involved we are using XA-
drivers.

Will the approach you mentioned still work in this scenario?

-----Original Message-----
From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:30 PM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Possible Connection Leak

Do ALL of your SqlMap calls follow this pattern:

try {
  sqlMap.startTransaction();
  //...do work
  sqlMap.commitTransaction();
} finally {
  sqlMap.endTransaction();
}

Clinton

On 5/6/05, Rafiq, Adnan < arafiq@carreker.com <mailto:arafiq@carreker.com> >
wrote:

I am using a transaction manager type = JTA in my sql-map-config.xml file.
After running the application for a while, I am getting the following
message in my Weblogic 8.1 console:

<May 6, 2005 5:09:08 PM CDT> <Warning> <Common> <BEA-000620> <Forcibly

releasing
inactive resource "weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnv@57bebf" back
into the pool "TP_BOFA_SYS".>

According to BEA, there is a connection leak somewhere. Is it possible that
iBatis is not properly closing a connection after obtaining it?

Has anyone else come across a similar issue?