ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From j-lists <jamisonli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: selectKey & Oracle Database
Date Sun, 08 May 2005 06:28:43 GMT
> When I turn on logging, there is no reference to anything in the <selectKey..>
> portion of the insert statement and the costObjectId is always 0.  I've tried to
> change from the primitive int to the object, but the value of costObjectId is
> null then.

No selectKey execution in the logs, this sounds familiar. You can run
inserts using the update() method, then you get this behaviour, check
that. I lost a few hours to that once...

Is this a defect or a feature? I guess it allows you to run an insert
without generating a key if you needed to, but it just seems like A
Bad Thing, does anyone rely on this to do something legitimate?

-J