ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Huy <huym...@swiftdsl.com.au>
Subject Re: [HELP] I can't not type < sign in my sqlmap xml file
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 00:35:04 GMT
Clinton Begin wrote:

> I agree with Brandon.  There are definite improvements we need to make
> to iBATIS dynamic SQL, but that does NOT include building a full
> templating language.  The power of iBATIS dynamic SQL is the fact that
> it is VERY specific to SQL.  Using iBATIS dynamic SQL, you can reduce
> the amount of code to less than Java, Velocity or Freemarker.  All of
> the latter solutions will result in very similar logic, with different
> syntax.

This is all true, but i think you should replace "different syntax" with
"familiar syntax" or "better looking syntax" or "more convenient syntax
(with regards to the &lt;)"(which of course is my opinion only).

 > iBATIS replaces common logic with smart tags that know what SQL is.

Both freemarker and velocity macros can create the same tags as you have
stated above. If we run parallels with the way the spring framework has
ported its jsp taglibs to freemarker and velocity, I think that would be
a nice solution.

> Cheers,
> Clinton

Huy