ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Folashade Adeyosoye" <sharda...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: iBatis DAO - How to turn off data connection pool
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 14:53:45 GMT
Thanks for your response, I have actually been battling this for a while,
this is my situation.

1.	I currently have a system that works, but with embedded SQL in my
classes, and the classes and implementation are well separated using
interfaces and implementation classes. (   Action classes --> API calls that
delegates -->    JDBC implementation classes)
2.	I am trying to swap out my written DAO pattern with the iBatis DAO
3.	Add an alternative SQLMAP implementation and also keep around my old
embedded SQL JDBC classes
4.	The JDBC classes do not use JNDI to lookup the database connections,
I have a DatabaseConnection Manager class that creates a pool of up to 20
connections and manages them
5.	Right now I just need the DAO part to work with out using the SQLMAP
portion, this is a future task to do.

And I would like to basically use the dao.xml to switch between both
implementations.

Thanks

  _____