ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Abdullah Kauchali <abdullah.kauch...@isanusi.com>
Subject Re: Custom Tag
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 06:45:34 GMT

Brandon Goodin wrote:

>I see. The question here is whether this is a common database issue
>and if it should be supported. However, it does not seem to be a
>common issue and there are ways to work around this. My other thought
>is.... why do you have over 250+ IN parameters?

My guess:  they have a large table with a foreign key.  When they do a
select for this large
table, they also want to obtain the parent table values specific only to
*that* resultset.

So we have:

ChildTable
ID         COL1            COL2                FK_ID
001         ABC            ASD                    1
002         EDF            ASE                     1
003         EDW            746                     2

(SELECT * FROM ChildTable)

Now they want to do this:

SELECT * FROM ParentTable where
FK_ID IN ('1', '2')

In two round-trips, you have Master-detail.