ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis and global transactions
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 13:19:14 GMT
You can manage your transactions with EXTERNAL of JTA. I believe that
EXTERNAL is the better route to go in this case. This means that you
will need to configure and manually start and stop your transactions
outside of ibatis. Search the DAO pdf doc and the SQL Maps pdf doc for
external to get more information.

The JTA option in ibatis is tied to a single datasource. So, as far as
global transactions that span databases... I don't think it would be
that simple to accomplish with iBatis JTA support.

Your other option is to use Spring (which would mean you get rid of
the dao.xml) and setup sqlMapConfigs for each database you are
accessing. Then you could use Spring's transaction management to
manage transactions across any data access implementations you might
have.

Brandon

On 5/20/05, James, Steven <Steven.James@logicacmg.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I working on an application where the services and buisness domain objects are sitting
on a server with ibatis providing the data access layer support.
> The clients which are swt client connect to the server and via rpc calls.
> Our customer want us to rollback all db changes during a user login should they not want
to commit (Commit in our case is not commit to db but to cascade data changes to other machines)
ie they want to undo the changes made to the db ie rollback. Is ibatis capable of providing
this global transaction that spans a users session if you like.

> In the daomanager api there is talk of 2 phase commits but i dont think this is the same
thing?

> we are using mysql and the jdbc connector 3.1.6, the jdk is 1.4.2 no j2ee application
server.

> many thanks
>
> steve..
>
> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.
It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.
and inform the sender. Thank you.