ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very Confused : Part 2 :)
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 03:45:05 GMT
Dave,

I seriously recommend you learn JUnit before attempting to go any further.
Simple unit tests to verify each layer of your application's functionality
will make your life a lot easier and your learning experience a lot more
enjoyable.

Cheers,
Clinton

On 5/18/05, Dave Guzda <dguzda@silverbirchstudios.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>  Thanks for the replies to my Ibatis inquiry...
>  My OS is Windows 2000, I'm using Java version "1.5.0_03", I do my
> compiling/coding with Eclipse V3.02.
>  I'm really just interested in getting the most basic query functional and
> working from there...
>  I'll look at the links already generously supplied in replies to my post,
> but any *simple* (talk to me like I'm 4 -grin-) examples would also be
> welcome.
>  I've been trying to get the example in the tutorial working and it grants
> me a lovely 500 Internal Server Error...
>
> *type* Exception report
>
> *message* **
>
> *description* *The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
> it from fulfilling this request.*
>
> *exception*
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path /servlet/itest
> 	org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:388)
> 	org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:133)
> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
>  *root cause*
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

	sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)