ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: query to get records columns as List
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 02:04:52 GMT
You can't map columns to list elements...and that's probably a good thing.
It doesn't really make sense semantically.

What you can do (which is significantly more useful) is map your results to
a Map. That is, your employee table and its 5 columns will be represented as
a Map (column1="whatever", column2="something"...etc.). You can also
retrieve a list of these Maps, each list element will be one map that
represents one row (i.e. one employee).

If you REALLY want a list of the columns, you can use map.values() to get
the set of values and add the entire set to a list.

Cheers,
Clinton