ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Francisco Leon <fle...@cantv.net>
Subject CLOBs with Oracle 9i
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:30:12 GMT
Hello, i am having some trouble with oracle9i in sqlmaps.
I was using LONG for  a table attribute, but it doesn't support
being used in WHERE, so i changed it to a CLOB and now sqlmaps
can't handle it therefore the attribute is always null.

I have read that the latest sqlmaps has a clob handler, but it only
works on oracle 10g, so i need to write my own.

Your wiki has an example on http://wiki.apache.org/ibatis/
How_do_I_use_a_Custom_Type_Handler_with_a_BLOB_or_CLOB.

The problem is that i am doing an application that has support
for different sql databases (oracle and postgresql) so i can't
change or add a POJO as you guys call it just for oracle since
i would have to handle when to use it, so i need the solution
to be either in the database or in the sqlmaps' xml file.

To represent the data of a CLOB your example uses a byte[].
Is it possible to use it with a String so i wouldn't have to
change my object?

I would like to know what my alternatives are. So far i have
to use a varchar2 which is limited to only 4000 bytes.

Postgresql has a data type called "text" which has unlimited
length and works perfectly as a string in sqlmaps.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Francisco