ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Gregg D Bolinger <gthou...@gmail.com>
Subject Mapping Help
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:36:53 GMT
I need a bit of help with setting up a mapping file or 2.  I have a
POJO called Filter.  I use this to store options from the user as for
search criteria.  I have a database that relates to this filter.

The problem I am having is I have 2 List properties that are part of
Filter.  1 is Status and the other is Users.  I have both the Status
class and User class mapped with iBatis.  No problem there.

I have created 2 more tables.  t_filter_status and
t_filter_assignment.  t_filter_status stores a filterId and a
statusId.  t_filter_assignment also holds a filterId and a userId.

I need to create the Filter mapping in iBatis so that when I save the
Filter object to the database, I also create records in the
t_filter_status and t_filter_assingment tables.  This may just be a
matter of getting the SQL right but I am not 100% sure if I am even
thinking about this the right way.  Here is an example

t_filter
- 1 - filtername - 04/24/05 - 04/25/05 -

t_filter_status
-----------
- 1 - 2 -
- 1 - 0 -
- 1 - 1 -

t_filter_assignment
- 1 - 9715 -
- 1 - 8765 -

I hope this makes some sense.  If you need more information just let me know.

Thanks

Gregg