ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brice Ruth <bdr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed...
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:14:46 GMT
What special characters aren't supported by UTF-8?! I have never heard
of such a thing. My understanding is that UTF-8 represents the full
Unicode character set as a multi-byte value. And since Unicode is
supposed to encompass all known characters for all known languages
(with space for new Chinese characters created daily) - what's not
covered?!

There most certainly shouldn't be anything that iso-8859-1 or latin1
(Windows-1252) covers that is not in Unicode.

Brice