ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brice Ruth <bdr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to the underlying connection
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:08:48 GMT
Not to redirect you, but I know there's been other threads on the
mailing list or on the old SF.net forums relating to accessing the
underlying connection from iBATIS (or providing iBATIS with a
thread-local connection of your own).

One question I have is simply this: what are you gaining by defining
the connection in iBATIS v. using a connection that you access from
JNDI? You're not using SqlMaps, right? I'm not very familiar with the
DAO system in iBATIS, but it would seem to me that for your purposes,
you may want to grab your own connection from JNDI, and then if you
need to pass that along to iBATIS for any reason, do it from the
top-down, instead of bottom-up.

Brice

--
Brice Ruth