ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OT sql problem
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:54:20 GMT
I presume you mean without using the queryForList(id, parms, skip, max) call
in iBATIS. ;-)

Using that it is a snap:

List topNList = queryForList("Customer.getTransactions", parms, 0, n);

Without that, depending on the database, it can be done.

SQL server has a "top (n)" syntax that you can use, and i think Oracle has a
rowid that you can use in a nested select (i.e., select blah from (select
... ) where rowid <= 100 to get the top 100).

In a db with stored procedures it would be fairly straightforward to do,
too.

Larry