ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Whipple <dwhip...@dtcc.com>
Subject Re: Output parameters with optional result set
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:25:14 GMT
Unfortunately we are not in a position to do so - we do not have any
control over what we have to call.  We are historically a large mainframe
shop, and the people who provide the stored procedures think this is a
normal behavior.  I think in general one should return empty sets of
things, instead of null, but...

In some cases we can figure out what the stored procedure is going to
return and call it correctly, but there are still cases we can't cover.  We
can go back to JDBC with this, but I would like to be able to come up with
a way to encourage the use of iBATIS at our company.

Do you think it is likely there is some sort of way I can override a class
to create a new type of call or something that can get us able to address
this?  I have not looked at any source code, and was wondering if it is
worth trying.

Thanks for the response.

Dave

                      Clinton Begin

                      <clinton.begin@gm        To:       ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org

                      ail.com>                 cc:       (bcc: David Whipple/DTCC)

                                               Subject:  Re: Output parameters with optional
result set
                      04/26/2005 10:15

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      ibatis-user-java

Can you wrap the wacky stored proc with a more predictable one that
returns an empty result set every time, so as to avoid the exception?

cheers,
Clinton