ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Whipple <dwhip...@dtcc.com>
Subject Re: Output parameters with optional result set
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:09:25 GMT
Thanks.  It is definitely not always the case.  We will work around this -
I think iBATIS is really nice.  I will put this in as a feature request.

Thanks,
Dave

                      Clinton Begin

                      <clinton.begin@gm        To:       ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org

                      ail.com>                 cc:       (bcc: David Whipple/DTCC)

                                               Subject:  Re: Output parameters with optional
result set
                      04/27/2005 10:20

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      ibatis-user-java

At this time, there's no easy way to do that.  If it's an unusual
case, just use JDBC for that one proc.  If it's the normal case, then
you probably won't find iBATIS too helpful at this time.

Cheers,
Clinton

On 4/27/05, David Whipple <dwhipple@dtcc.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately we are not in a position to do so - we do not have any
> control over what we have to call.  We are historically a large mainframe
> shop, and the people who provide the stored procedures think this is a
> normal behavior.  I think in general one should return empty sets of
> things, instead of null, but...
>
> In some cases we can figure out what the stored procedure is going to
> return and call it correctly, but there are still cases we can't cover.
We
> can go back to JDBC with this, but I would like to be able to come up
with
> a way to encourage the use of iBATIS at our company.
>
> Do you think it is likely there is some sort of way I can override a
class
> to create a new type of call or something that can get us able to address
> this?  I have not looked at any source code, and was wondering if it is
> worth trying.
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Dave
>
>                       Clinton Begin
>                       <clinton.begin@gm        To:
ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
>                       ail.com>                 cc:       (bcc: David
Whipple/DTCC)
>                                                Subject:  Re: Output
parameters with optional result set