ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Whipple <dwhip...@dtcc.com>
Subject Output parameters with optional result set
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:33:01 GMT
We have a situation that might address a situation that is not handled by
iBATIS, but I wanted to describe it here and see if there is something I
missed.

The situation we have is that there is a (legacy - DB2) stored procedure
which has input parameters and output parameters and optionally a result
set.  The application will not be able to determine if the result set is
going to be returned or not before the call.

We have the procedure defined with a parameter class, parameter map and a
result map.

If the call to the stored procedure returns a result set, we get the result
set and the output parameters just fine.

If the call does not return a result set, an exception is thrown, and we do
not get the output parameters.  It seems like the exception interupts it
and prevents the processing of the output parameters.

Maybe we have not set this up correctly.  Can anyone suggest a way to
handle this type of situation?

Thanks,
Dave