ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Bitra, Venkateswararao \(Corporate, consultant\)" <venkateswararao.bi...@ge.com>
Subject RE: ANSI_PADDING
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:30:29 GMT
We never required to turn it off. Because in Pervasive 8.6 by default it was turned off. But
in Pervasive 9 its turned on and we need to explicitly turn it off

--Venkat

-----Original Message-----
From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 3:38 PM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: ANSI_PADDING

How do you turn it off without iBATIS?

Clinton

On 4/24/05, Bitra, Venkateswararao (Corporate, consultant)
<venkateswararao.bitra@ge.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>         I user IBATIS layer for my Pervasive SQL database. Pervasive SQL 9 came up with
an option to deal with ANSI_PADDING problem with datatype CHAR and VARCHAR. ANSI_PADDING is
on by default in Pervasive. I need to "set ANSI_PADDING off" for all my transactions with
Pervasive. Otherwise I have to trim all CHAR and VARCHARS. And when I use this trimming in
my where clauses I loose my indexing advantage.