ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Sasha Borodin <sa...@whoissasha.com>
Subject ClassCastException building SqlMap instance
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:32:57 GMT
I've written some classes that employ the iBatis framework for data access.
All patterns used are identical to the iBatis JPetStore example (DaoManager,
SqlMaps, a "service" class which abstracts all this, etc.)

These classes work great when accessed from a Tomcat web application.  But I
ran into problems using these classes in a custom Realm for Tomcat.  These
are the errors I'm getting when the class loader initializes everything on
Tomcat startup:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not initialize BrokerDaoConfig.
Cause:  com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: Error while configuring
DaoManager.  Cause: com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapException: There was an
error while building the SqlMap instance.
--- The error occurred in the SQL Map Configuration file.
--- The error occurred while configuring the data source.
--- Check the data source type or class.
--- Cause: com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapException: Error initializing
DataSource.  Could not instantiate DataSourceFactory.  Cause:
java.lang.ClassCastException

Can anyone shed some light on the ClassCastException?  I Googled but found
no references to this exception in this context.

As I mentioned, my classes work when all iBatis (and related) jars are under
a webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.  But in this case, since I'm trying to use
the classes in a custom Realm implementation, I've placed all the jars under
server/lib directory - that is the only difference between a working and
non-working scenario.

Thanks for all your help,

-Sasha Borodin