ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Engel, Gregory A" <GAEn...@Tribune.com>
Subject RE: queryForList vs queryForObject
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:38:39 GMT
Mine was a syntax error. It was actually returning more than one record and
it should have.
It was a question of the data format. I needed to check a sequence number
field = 1.
It was a screw up on my part in the sql still I didn't see it right away and
it was driving me nuts
for an hour or so. Stronger coffee did the trick.

-----Original Message-----
From: renzenggang@gmail.com [mailto:renzenggang@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:38 PM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: queryForList vs queryForObject

i also meet the same problem using select in a resultmap and eagering to
know how to resolve it.

2005/4/21, Engel, Gregory A < GAEngel@tribune.com
<mailto:GAEngel@tribune.com> >:
> With the follwing result map using a list property "contact" works
perfectly
> and always returns a single value as expected.
> However if I use an object property "primaryContact" I get the following
> error.
>
> --- The error occurred in

com/tms/ede/server/persistance/dao/sqlmapdao/sourcesmaps/maps/EDEProgservMap
.xml.

> --- The error occurred while applying a result map.
> --- Check the EDEProgservRSMap_Primary.
> --- Check the result mapping for the 'primaryContact' property.
> --- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Error: executeQueryForObject returned
too
> many results.
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Error: executeQueryForObject returned
too
> many results.
> I can't understand what's going on here. I always get a single value in
the
> returned list which is what I want but if I use the
> same query with a query for object I get an error.
>
> Heres the resultmap
>
> <resultMap id="EDEProgservRSMap_Primary"

class="com.tms.ede.server.persistance.dao.sqlmapdao.sourcesmaps.vo.EDEProgse
rvVO ">
>  <result property="id" column="progserv_id"/>
>  <result property="statusId" column="progserv_status_id"/>
>  <result property="sourceId" column="source_id"/>
>  <result property="curTmsCallSign" column="call_sign_text"/>
>  <result property="sourceName" column="source_name"/>
>  <result property="finderText" column="source_finder_text"/>
>  <!--result property="contacts" column="source_id"
> select="getPrimaryContactVOBy_SourceId_PrimaryOnly"/-->
>  <result property="primaryContact" column="source_id"
> select="getPrimaryContactVOBy_SourceId_PrimaryOnly"/>
> </resultMap>
>
> Here's the sql map...
>
> <statement id="getPrimaryContactVOBy_SourceId_PrimaryOnly"
>  parameterClass="java.lang.Long"

resultClass="com.tms.ede.server.persistance.dao.sqlmapdao.sourcesmaps.vo.Pri
maryContactVO"
>  resultMap="PrimaryContactRSMap"
> >

> SELECT
>  source.source_id,
>  source_contact.contact_group_owner_id,
>  source_contact_group.contact_id,
>  contact.contact_type_id,
>  contact.first_name,
>  contact.last_name ,
>  contact.job_title,
>  contact.email_address,
>  contact.department
> FROM
>  source,
>  source_contact,
>  source_contact_group,
>  contact
> WHERE
>  source.source_id = #value#
> AND
>  source.source_id=source_contact.source_id
> AND

source_contact.contact_group_owner_id=source_contact_group.contact_group_own
er_id

--
任增刚
Renzenggang@csii.com.cn <mailto:Renzenggang@csii.com.cn>