ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Engel, Gregory A" <GAEn...@Tribune.com>
Subject RE: queryForList vs queryForObject
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:03:59 GMT
Never mind.
My screw up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Engel, Gregory A
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 1:12 PM
To: 'ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: queryForList vs queryForObject

With the follwing result map using a list property "contact" works perfectly
and always returns a single value as expected.
However if I use an object property "primaryContact" I get the following
error.

--- The error occurred in
com/tms/ede/server/persistance/dao/sqlmapdao/sourcesmaps/maps/EDEProgservMap
.xml.
--- Check the EDEProgservRSMap_Primary.
--- Check the result mapping for the 'primaryContact' property.
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Error: executeQueryForObject returned too
many results.
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Error: executeQueryForObject returned too
many results.

I can't understand what's going on here. I always get a single value in the
returned list which is what I want but if I use the
same query with a query for object I get an error.

Heres the resultmap

<resultMap id="EDEProgservRSMap_Primary"
class="com.tms.ede.server.persistance.dao.sqlmapdao.sourcesmaps.vo.EDEProgse
rvVO">
 <result property="id" column="progserv_id"/>
 <result property="statusId" column="progserv_status_id"/>
 <result property="sourceId" column="source_id"/>
 <result property="curTmsCallSign" column="call_sign_text"/>
 <result property="sourceName" column="source_name"/>
 <result property="finderText" column="source_finder_text"/>
 <!--result property="contacts" column="source_id"
select="getPrimaryContactVOBy_SourceId_PrimaryOnly"/-->
 <result property="primaryContact" column="source_id"
select="getPrimaryContactVOBy_SourceId_PrimaryOnly"/>
</resultMap>

Here's the sql map...

<statement id="getPrimaryContactVOBy_SourceId_PrimaryOnly"
 parameterClass="java.lang.Long"

resultClass="com.tms.ede.server.persistance.dao.sqlmapdao.sourcesmaps.vo.Pri
maryContactVO"
 resultMap="PrimaryContactRSMap"

SELECT
 source.source_id,
 source_contact.contact_group_owner_id,
 source_contact_group.contact_id,
 contact.contact_type_id,
 contact.first_name,
 contact.last_name,
 contact.job_title,
 contact.email_address,
 contact.department
FROM
 source,
 source_contact,
 source_contact_group,
 contact
WHERE
 source.source_id = #value#
AND
 source.source_id=source_contact.source_id
AND

source_contact.contact_group_owner_id=source_contact_group.contact_group_own
er_id
AND
 source_contact_group.contact_id=contact.contact_id
AND
 contact.contact_type_id = 57
</statement>