ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rafiq, Adnan" <ara...@carreker.com>
Subject RE: Dynamically Discovering DataSource
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:30:54 GMT

Your help is really appreciated in this matter.

Thanks,

- Adnan

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Meadors [mailto:larry.meadors@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:15 AM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dynamically Discovering DataSource

This is such an unusual case that IMO, the DataSourceFactory should not be
changed to accommodate it.

You could probably use a ThreadLocal class to set the parameter, then in
your datasource, examine it to decide the real datasource to use.

Larry

On 4/21/05, Rafiq, Adnan < arafiq@carreker.com <mailto:arafiq@carreker.com>
> wrote:

Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I looked at the DataSourceFactory. The method getDataSource() does not take
any parameters. The flow of our application is like this:

1 - Contact the system datasource and get a list of all companies and their
associated datasource jndi names
2 - When the user logs in, we get its company id and using it as a key we
find the corresponding datasource jndi name
3 - The company datasource jndi name is then returned and used for all
connections.

What seems like a good solution is to extend the JNDIDataSourceFactory and
overload the method getDataSource so that it can accept a company id as an
argument: getDataSource(int companyId). Internally, we have a map of
companyid (key) and datasource name (value).

However, what I can't figure out is where that method is actually called in
iBatis.

Thanks,

- Adnan