ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Fereira <ja...@cornell.edu>
Subject RE: newbie
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:00:17 GMT
At 11:32 PM 4/14/2005 -0500, Subbiah wrote:
>Hi,
>I was looking into as documentation as to how the code was organised like
>business layer and stuff.
>Are you implying that  the architecture to the springframework petclinic and
>jpetstore are the same.

I suppose the answer to that depends on what you mean by architecture. The
packages are laid out a bit different and each application may use
different types of controllers and use different features from the spring
framework.  Both use a MVC pattern but each application may use a different
implementation for one or more of the tiers.  For example, the default
persistant storage implementation for petlclinic uses Hibernate, while the
implementation for JPetstore is ibatis.

As Brandon also surmised the Springframework version of JPetstore can be
configured to use either Struts or Spring web MVC for the web tier.

The document you mentioned in another message on PetClinic is quite good
but I'm not sure there's anything like it for JPetStore.  I careful reading
of the source code should provide information where the applications are
different.  I've been using the Springframework for a project I started
about 6 months ago and essentially started using the Springframework
JPetStore application as a template.

If you're looking for another sample web app to examine for an architecture
that may work for your own web application you might want to take a look at
Matt Raible's AppFuse.  It demonstrates how to integrated several
technologies including Spring, Hibernate, XDoclet, iBatis, JSTL and Struts,
and Spring MVC.
See it at: http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=AppFuse