ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Fereira <ja...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: ibatis technology need company references.
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:13:41 GMT
At 07:28 PM 4/6/2005 +0300, you wrote:
>Yes I know that IBatis is stable and so one but in this friday we will
>have big meeting and must provide some references about this .
>We also use ibatis but for goverment sector we must provide some document
>becouse we have official claim.
>And for me will be good to have some documents.

I don't have any official publicly available documents but I can tell you
that I am using iBatis in a complex web application I'm developing for the
USDA.  We have had a contract for the past 10 years with three branches in
the USDA to provide an archive and web accessible alternative to the
usda.gov branch sites.  We added an additional USDA branch two years ago
and another may be added in the near future.  For the past six months or so
I have been developing the next generation system which will integrate all
of the features from two separate systems into a system which will provide
access to a couple of thousand government documents.  One of the primary
services we provide is a document subscription via email option.  For that
particular service we are receiving ~14,000 documents a month and
distributing them to over 5,000 unique users to the tune of over 200,000
documents emailed per month.  The next generated system under development
has had iBatis implemented for the persistance layer for the past five
months or so.  It's wired in using the Spring Framework so if I *did*
encounter problems with iBatis, the implementation could be swapped out and
replace with a Spring JDBC, Hibernate, or other implementation if
needed.  However, so far iBatis has worked flawlessly.