ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Richard Osbaldeston <richard.osbaldes...@wordmap.com>
Subject Re: Access to the underlying connection
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:20:09 GMT
I'd be losing out on the Transactions and the easier to use connections
(iBatis automatically closes them for you). But mostly I'd be hardcoding
a JNDI lookup. Unfortunately I'm writing an API and can't (don't want
to) restrict the end-users configuration like that. They might write a
webapp with it, but equally likely is a swing/command line application
and they shouldn't have to install an additional JNDI container in that
situation.

You're right in that losing the datasources, connection provision and
tranactions means I dont gain much from IBatis DAO framework that I
couldnt write myself with just a properties file and
Class.newInstance(). Which is where I'm heading.

- Richard