ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Richard Osbaldeston <richard.osbaldes...@wordmap.com>
Subject Access to the underlying connection
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:22:46 GMT
Hi,

   I've been trying to use the DAO Framework recently to facilitate in
calling a large number of Stored Procedures in and Oracle database (I'd
have liked to use SqlMaps too but most of these procedures seem to
return ref cursor parameters which IBatis cannot handle).

One of these procedures takes an array structure as a parameter
(proprietary I know) which is normally done with a call like this:
oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor desc =
oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor(getSchemaPrefix(schema) +
"TY_STR_VARRAY", connection);

But under IBatis it'll fail because the connection is actually an IBatis
proxy com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.SimplePooledConnection
where thr wrapper SimplePooledConnection is private. Is there a way to
access the underlying oracle/jdbc connection to complete the
ArrayDescriptor call or some other way around the problem?

Thanks,

- Richard