ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Barry <paul.ba...@nyu.edu>
Subject Problem with BLOB and iBatis 2.0.9b, Oracle 8, Oracle 10g JDBC Drivers
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:11:44 GMT
I am using iBatis 2.0.9b talking to an Oracle database.  Here the
specific database version:

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - 64bit Production

Did some googling on using BLOBs with iBATIS and Oracle, and found this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ibatis-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00517.html

So I went here and downloaded the Oracle 10g JDBC drivers:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

So, I have an object with a byte[] property.  When I map the result of a
query that has a BLOB in it to this propery, the length always returns
86.  Am using "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" driver type and
  "jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521:mysid" for the URI.  Should this work,
or is there something else I need to do to get this to work?