ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Nic Werner <wer...@sonoma.edu>
Subject Re: Nested Beans?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:44:49 GMT
Thanks for the guidance Brandon, but I'm still lost after checking
everything: I want this 'select' command to grab the deviceid, and
populate the DeviceBean using this unique tag, is that possible?

ReservationBean holds a DeviceBean. The DB table has a field called
'DeviceID' which should refer to the DeviceBean.getTag()

I get the error:  Caused by: com.ibatis.common.beans.ProbeException:
There is no WRITEABLE property named 'tag' in class 'java.lang.String'

Snippet of my ReservationBean:
public final class ReservationBean extends ActionForm {

        private String ipAddress="";
        private DeviceBean device = new DeviceBean();

Reservation.xml:
<resultMap id="ReservationBean"
class="com.company.beans.dhcp.ReservationBean">
        <result property="ipAddress" column="ipaddress"/>
        <result property="device.tag" column="deviceid"/>
    </resultMap>
    <select id="selectReservations" resultMap="ReservationBean">
        SELECT
            deviceid,
            ipaddress
        FROM dhcp_reservation