ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From NetSQL <maill...@friendVU.com>
Subject Re: Optimistic locking strategy with iBatis
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:26:07 GMT
Just keep a copy of the orginial List of results fileds.
Then use them in you where clause.

.V

Wulf, Andrew wrote:

> Before I figure it out the hard way, anyone have some pointers on
> implementing an optimistic lock strategy with iBatis. The difficulty
> is that we have nothing in the database (or can add anything) like a
> version field or last update time. The current strategy in the home
> grown persistance framework (which we will migrate hopefully to
> ibatis) is to create a hash of the row contents and store it with the
> value object, then on update reread the row (select for update on
> primary key) compare the hashes and throw an exception if they don't
> match. How best to do something similar with iBatis?
>
> - Andrew

>STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:     The information contained in this message or any attachments
to this message are intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material as well as being protected from disclosure.
  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete
the material from any computer.