ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed...
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:08:40 GMT
I found this quote when doing a search in google:

--- quote ---

Your actual problem is very typical. By default (without encoding
specified in the XML declaration), XML is encoded in UTF-8. If you use
an editor which is not encoding-aware and typically assuming an
ISO-8859-1 encoding, and you insert characters such as accented
letters, curly quotes, etc., you will get this error. As a workaround,
you can put an XML declaration with the ISO-8859-1 encoding at the top
of your XML file:

You can also use an editor which knows how to handle UTF-8.

In your case it is also possible that somebody inserted incorrect
characters by accident, and you can just remove those and then decide
which encoding you want to use. UTF-8 gives you the whole range of
Unicode, while ISO-8859-1 gives you a limited set of characters that
work for the Western languages.

--- quote ---

maybe that will help,
Brandon