ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to the underlying connection
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:35:18 GMT
Richard,

If you configure your oracle datasrouce via JNDI you should have no
problem accomplishing what you want.

Example:

public class JdbcAccountDao extends JdbcDaoTemplate implements AccountDao {
  public JdbcAccountDao(DaoManager daoManager) {
    super(daoManager);
  }

  public Account findAccount(int id) {
    Account account = null;
    Connection conn = getConnection();
    PreparedStatement ps = null;
    ResultSet rs = null;
    try {
      ps = conn.prepareStatement(SELECT);
      ps.setInt(1, id);
      rs = ps.executeQuery();
      while (rs.next()) {
        account = new Account();
        account.setId(rs.getInt("id"));
        account.setFirstName(rs.getString("firstName"));
        account.setLastName(rs.getString("lastName"));
        account.setEmailAddress(rs.getString("emailAddress"));
      }
    } catch (SQLException e) {
      throw new DaoException("Error finding Account.  Cause: " + e, e);
    } finally {
      closeResultSet(rs);
      closePreparedStatement(ps);
    }