ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: session transaction
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:07:20 GMT
You should not and cannot run a nested transaction. I'm not sure what
you mean by "transaction at the begining of a gui session". Your
transactions should surround a set of finer grained DAO from a
service/logic class.

GUI-->Logic-->DAO

The Logic portion is where you would start/commit/end transactions.

I hope that helps,
Brandon

On Apr 1, 2005 3:32 AM, James, Steven <Steven.James@logicacmg.com> wrote:

> does anyone how to use ibatis to have a global transaction for a session. I am not using
J2ee and the database
> is mysql 4.1.10. I have had a simple go at starting the transaction at the begining of
a gui session and then not commiting
> but the database did not rollback. The jdbc is j-conector 3.1.6
>
> Not done database programming for a few years but i thought that this would have been
possible. i.e to have tranaction within
> a transaction.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas.
>
> Steve..
>
> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.
It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.
and inform the sender. Thank you.