ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From sai nukala <techsnuke2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help with Paginatedlist
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 02:49:18 GMT
I am having tough time with a simple usage of Paginated list.

I am using struts framework with Ibatis.

Very simple.
-Defined sql in SQL Map
-Created a DAO class to fetch and return PaginatedList.
- Page size:5 Resultset has 12 records
Only first 2 next() methods are returning 2 page lists. last 2 records in the third page list
are not shown. Last.next() is showing only the second page list. But returns true indicating
there is still one more page available next.

My question is: Once we return a paginated list with a page size -n, Is the resultset disconnected
by fetching all the pages atonce or for every fetch, makes a database call??
Can we store paginated list in the request/session scope and fetch previous/next pages?

thanks
~snuke

Yahoo! Messenger