ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Grassi Fabio" <Fabio.Gra...@ggsinformatica.it>
Subject Support for oracle cursors as resultsets
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:08:06 GMT
The support for oracle ref cursors both as stored-function results and
as out stored-procedure parameters is critical for me as well. I have a
not-so-small code base (150-200 stored procedures) I currently access to
through Oracle JPublisher. I would like to dismiss JPublisher in favour
of a more general pourpose data mapping framework like iBatis.

The enhacements I would need have somehow been anticipated in:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-53?page=comments#action_5783
8
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-53?page=comments#action_578
38>

and are:

1) Support for returning Oracle ref cursors as function results as well
as out procedure parameters.
2) Support for declarative mapping of ref cursor fields to bean
properties (for instance by adoption of resultMap attribute for
parameter element).

I am willing to contribute to the coding and testing effort. Please let
me know how to proceed.

Best regards, Fabio.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW
*************************************
Graham Cruickshanks
Fri, 01 Apr 2005 05:54:36 -0800

Hi,

First of all I would like to say good work on putting together the
excellent Ibatis. I would like to use Ibatis in new project I'm working
on, but it's for a commercial entity and the oracle cursors to resultset
is a must. I would like to help extend Ibatis to add better support of
the Oracle dialect. Not for the companies sake, but for the sanity of
not writing another straight JDBC to Stored procedure class again!!

There are some patches kicking about for SqlExecutor.java on JIRA that
are pretty 'patchy', is there any thoughts on adding a dialect factory
to this class with a default dialect for each function and subclass
overrides?

Please let me known if any help would be useful.

Cheers

Graham Cruickshanks
Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio
sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio in parola Le fosse
pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo e a non inoltrarlo a terzi,
dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie.<BR><BR>Pursuant to Legislative Decree
No. 196/2003, you are hereby informed that this message contains confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, and have received
this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us. You may not copy or disseminate
this message to anyone. Thank you.