ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ANSI_PADDING
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:38:20 GMT
How do you turn it off without iBATIS?

Clinton

On 4/24/05, Bitra, Venkateswararao (Corporate, consultant)
<venkateswararao.bitra@ge.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>         I user IBATIS layer for my Pervasive SQL database. Pervasive SQL 9 came up with
an option to deal with ANSI_PADDING problem with datatype CHAR and VARCHAR. ANSI_PADDING is
on by default in Pervasive. I need to "set ANSI_PADDING off" for all my transactions with
Pervasive. Otherwise I have to trim all CHAR and VARCHARS. And when I use this trimming in
my where clauses I loose my indexing advantage.