ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RES: Mapping of one object to several tables?
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:54:34 GMT
Ummm....no.

There's no way to insert into multiple tables using a single
statement, unless you have DBMS that supports it.  The only way I've
seen this implemented in RDBMS is with a view that has insert rules
applied to it (already very simple designs, that don't benefit much
from the additional simplification).

Hibernate can't insert into multiple tables with a single statement
any more than it can  solve world hunger or peace on earth.

Clinton