ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Miquel Angel Bada Zuazo <mab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed...
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:40:31 GMT
UTF-8 is for almost all languajes (uses 8 bits for representing a
letter I think), but "complicated" languajes as Japanese and Thailand
uses 16 bits, so that's because of UTF-16 overall.

Miquel Angel

On 4/20/05, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've done quite a bit with i18n working between UTF-8 and UTF-16. Even
> after all that... I'm still mystified. :D Encoding is a world unto
> itself. All i want is something that works :) Maybe one of these days
> i'll understand more... for now it's all about trial and error.
>
> On 4/20/05, Brice Ruth <bdruth@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't see anywhere in there that UTF-8 cannot encode everything that
> > UTF-16 and UTF-32 can ... just that the storage requirements differ ?!
> >
> > Brice
> >
> > On 4/20/05, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > http://icu.sourceforge.net/docs/papers/forms_of_unicode/

If you use

I have never heard
Unicode is
- what's not

work with special charaters not in utf-8, you will
and we have some special characters not supported
that fits better to your needs.

no odd chars at the top of your

wrote:

> [...]
to build sqlCOnfigmap..does it