ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Dan Tenenbaum <danda...@dandante.com>
Subject ibatis says "no results" but query does return results
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:50:45 GMT
I am running  a query from ibatis and I get this error:

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
	at $Proxy9.getVisibleSelectedIds(Unknown Source)
	at
(...)
	... 18 more
Caused by: com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: Error executing query for
list.  Cause: com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:
--- Check the getVisibleSelectedTopicIds-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the results (failed to retrieve results).
--- Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException
Caused by: com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:
--- Check the getVisibleSelectedTopicIds-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the results (failed to retrieve results).
--- Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException
(...)

However, the logger output of the query in question is as follows:

11:41:56,523 DEBUG PreparedStatement:28 - {pstm-100138}
PreparedStatement:       select id from topics where id in
(                ?     ,       ?             )    and id not in (
select topic_key from topic_eligibility where is_visible = false
and sponsor_key in
(                   ?      ,        ?                  )     )     order
by patient_title
11:41:56,524 DEBUG PreparedStatement:29 - {pstm-100138} Parameters:
[125, 126, 1, 2]
11:41:56,525 DEBUG PreparedStatement:30 - {pstm-100138} Types:
[java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer,
java.lang.Integer]
11:41:56,530 DEBUG ResultSet:24 - {rset-100139} ResultSet

(The funny spacing in the SQL query is due to it being in an xml file,
and some of it comes from the <iterate> tag.)
Anyway, if I take that query (from the logger output) and paste it into
a database client, and replace the question marks with the parameters
output by the logger above, the query runs and returns data, just as I
expect it to. (The database is in exactly the same state). So why is it
that I can run this query manually, but when run from IBATIS it doesn't
return data?

I have actually run into a couple of cases where iBATIS threw an error
that turned out to be about something other than what it claimed. But in
this case, it really does seem to be this query, because I have isolated
it from everything else to verify that.

Thanks....