ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <dhsc...@cstone.dhs.state.il.us>
Subject Re: Question about transactions.
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:12:27 GMT
You probably already know this, but...

Not every AS/400 table automatically supports transactions.  If the
table (physical file) is not journalled, then there is no transaction
support.  This most often happens with physical files created with DDS
rather than SQL.  It can also be the case with files created through SQL
- but that takes more of an intentional effort.

I don't know if that's a factor or not in this case, but thought I'd
mention it.

Jeff Butler

>>> superpchead@yahoo.com 3/18/2005 11:42:05 AM >>>
Actually, this is what I am doing now.I changed all my
calls to this format. Could there be any other method
that I can call or anything else that I can do?

I dont know if it migth be the database i use. It is
an AS/400 mainframe.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, but if anything else
ocurrs to you, please let me know.

Mark.