ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From shilpa <shilpa.prad...@judiciary.state.nj.us>
Subject Re: UI for iBatis
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:06:46 GMT
Ron Grabowski <rongrabowski <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm curious as to what features you had in mind. Are you wanting a UI
> for the config files or something that will auto-generate a Java class
> to interact with the config files? I think the config files are fairly
> straight forward to configure as is. I just take an existing file and
> modify it for a new project. I tend to shy away from UI config file
> generators becuase I find myself spending more time going through their
> menus checking and unchecking things and reading help as to what each
> checkbox does than if I would just copy and paste my changes.
>
> - Ron
>
> --- shilpa <shilpa.pradhan <at> judiciary.state.nj.us> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    Is there any UI available for iBatis 2.0.9. Can we expect iBatis
> > with UI in
> > future?
> > Thanks,
> > Shilpa

Actually we have evaluated iBatis, and its PERFECT for our requirements. We are
using iBatis only to access Stored Procedures (no queries). And we have Stored
procs which takes around 90 to 100 params each. So you can imagine the mapping
for all the parameters (ParamMap as well as ResultMap). I know its very easy in
iBatis to write a mapping xml. But UI would have made our job little easier.

One more question I have is, Can we build our own UI, which will create an Xml
mapping file, which in turn will be used by iBatis. Are there any legal
issues?

Thanks a lot,
Shilpa