ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brice Ruth <bdr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struggling with insertion of Clob into the database. PS:
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:54:23 GMT
I second Richard's comments. The 2.0.9 release of iBATIS handles CLOBs
and BLOBs to byte[] (and possibly others), out of the box. This, of
course, depends on the JDBC driver supporting the necessary features.
If you're using Oracle, you may want to give the 10g drivers a chance,
I have heard good things on the list for them.

Furthermore, understand that any handling of column types not natively
supported in iBATIS (per the documentation), needs a
TypeHandlerCallback written. So, maybe you could Google on that, and
you may have more luck. I am fairly certain that the iBATIS Wiki also
has some information on writing a Callback.

At some point, someone even posted some code for a CLOB handler ... it
may have been on the old SF.net forums, though - not the new Apache
mailing lists.

Here's a link to the iBATIS Javadocs that gives an example ...
http://www.ibatis.com/common/javadocs/com/ibatis/sqlmap/client/extensions/TypeHandlerCallback.html

Good luck and remember that iBATIS always accepts contributions from
skilled developers such as yourself!

Best,
Brice Ruth