ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Warren Bell" <war...@clarksnutrition.com>
Subject Cannot convert CRV100 to a numeric(30,6)
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:32:21 GMT
I am getting the following Exception message:

ASA Error -157: Cannot convert CRV100 to a numeric(30,6)

I am running Sybase with a JConnect JDBC driver. This is the correct driver
for this db. My sql map is:

<resultMap id="get-Item-Result" class="item">
  <result property="upc" column="INV_ScanCode" javaType="string"
jdbcType="CHAR" nullValue="NULL"/>
</resultMap>

<select id="getItem" parameterClass="item" resultMap="get-Item-Result">
  SELECT INV_ScanCode FROM v_InventoryMaster WHERE INV_ScanCode = #upc:CHAR#
</select>

I have simplified this map to locate the problem. The upc property is a
string and the INV_ScanCode column is a CHAR(14). I have been explicit about
the javaType and jdbcType, but the driver still throws this exception. If I
run the following map it works fine:

<select id="getItem" parameterClass="item" resultMap="get-Item-Result">
  SELECT INV_ScanCode FROM v_InventoryMaster WHERE INV_ScanCode =
'65801011111   '
</select>

I have tried many different combinations but I can not get it to work. Any
help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Warren Bell
Systems Administrator