ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Brian Barnett" <bwbarn...@hotmail.com>
Subject Oracle + iBATIS - performance slows to a crawl over time
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:35:54 GMT
(Sorry if this double posts. Having problems with other email account.)
Hello,
Hoping someone can give us some suggestions on how to fix a problem we are
facing. We have a Struts web app that runs against both MS SQL Server and
Oracle.  MS SQL Server runs fine. When we run it against Oracle, the
performance slowly degrades until the web app basically stops functioning.
When we restart Tomcat, everything works fine again for awhile.

We are not sure if there are any specific steps to duplicate, as our beta
testers just "use the app" and then begin to see the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can troubleshoot this?

Tomcat 5.0.28
iBATIS 2.0 build 274
Oracle 9.2.0.x
Oracle Thin driver (ojdbc14.jar)