ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sancho Chiang" <chiang...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem with Excel+iBATIS
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:52:39 GMT
Hi,
I would like to ask if it's possible to use excel as the persistence layer
with iBATIS doing the O/R mapping job. I have been trying to implement but
get stuck with two problems.

Firstly, I set up a ODBC datasource with my excel file in my machine. I
tried to access the data in excel with simple JDBC command to make sure that
it's working. However, when I tried to make a query with iBATIS, I got the
following exception.
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]Optional feature not
implemented
	at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958)
	at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115)
	at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLSetConnectOption(JdbcOdbc.java:5115)
	at
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.setAutoCommit(JdbcOdbcConnection.java:651)
	at
	at
	at
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource$SimplePooledConnection.invoke(SimpleDataSource.java:946)
	at $Proxy0.setAutoCommit(Unknown Source)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.init(JdbcTransaction.java:56)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.getConnection(JdbcTransaction.java:89)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryForList(GeneralStatement.java:119)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:610)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:584)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForList(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:105)
	at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.queryForList(SqlMapClientImpl.java:77)
	at test.TestIBatis.testSelectExcel(TestIBatis.java:64)
	at test.TestIBatis.main(TestIBatis.java:36)

It seems like the ODBC driver for excel doesn't support the
setAutoCommint(). Is there anyway to get away with it? Could I just turn off
the transaction manager for iBATIS?

Secondly, even though I get away with the first problem by changing the
source code, my sql query cannot be parsed. This is my sql: Select * from
[Sheet1$]
'$' is reserved word in SQL. I don't know if iBATIS can handle this kind of
exceptional case.

Could somebody help to solve the problem? Thx a lot

Regards,
Sancho Chiang