ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rafiq, Adnan" <ara...@carreker.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS and SwarmCache
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:23:28 GMT
Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification. I think the issue is the Developer's Guide (at
least the version that I downloaded) itself that caused the confusion. When
discussing cache types on page 26, it only talks about Memory, LRU and FIFO.
There is a reference to OSCache URL, but no mention of the OSCacheController
class. Perhaps, that section was inadvertently ommitted? But your
explanation makes perfect sense.

Thanks,

- Adnan Rafiq

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Butler [mailto:dhscn06@cstone.dhs.state.il.us]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 3:04 PM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: iBATIS and SwarmCache

Yes, the developers guide.  iBATIS ships with four different cache
controllers - MEMORY, LRU, FIFO, OSCACHE.  If you want to do SwarmCache,
you'll have to write your own class that implements CacheController (and
maybe contribute it back to the community???).

Here are the basics:

Write some class that implements CacheController and interacts with
SwarmCache, then specify that class instead of OSCACHE in your
configuration files.  You can look at the source for OSCacheController
as an example.

OSCACHE is just an alias for
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.cache.oscache.OSCacheController.  You can plug
any class you want into the cacheModel "type" attribute - as long as it
implements CacheController.

Jeff Butler

>>> arafiq@carreker.com 3/7/2005 2:52:28 PM >>>
Are you referring to the Developer's Guide? From what I gather, the
cache
model uses a pluggable framework for supporting different "types" of
caches
(e.g. LRU, Memory, FIFO, etc.), but it does not talk about integrating
with
other caching products besides OSCache.