ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rafiq, Adnan" <ara...@carreker.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS and SwarmCache
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:52:28 GMT
Are you referring to the Developer's Guide? From what I gather, the cache
model uses a pluggable framework for supporting different "types" of caches
(e.g. LRU, Memory, FIFO, etc.), but it does not talk about integrating with
other caching products besides OSCache.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Butler [mailto:dhscn06@cstone.dhs.state.il.us]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 2:38 PM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: iBATIS and SwarmCache

iBATIS DOES have a pluggable strategy - you can certainly write your own
cache model for SwarmCache.  Read the manual - around page 31.

Jeff Butler

>>> arafiq@carreker.com 3/7/2005 1:44:17 PM >>>
Is iBATIS limited to OSCache only? I am currently in the process of
evaluating open-source caching frameworks/products. It seems that
OSCache
(which seems to be the only caching framework supported by iBATIS) is
primarily a presentation layer cache which was later "modified" to
support
server-side/clusterable cache. SwarmCache was designed as a cache for
database-driven cluster-enabled cache right from the get go. Was there
specific reason for iBATIS's reliance on OSCache only, as opposed to
providing a pluggable strategy?