ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tim Christopher <tim.christop...@gmail.com>
Subject Referencing between SqlMaps
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 23:54:57 GMT
Hi,

Can any tell me how I can reference a statement that is stored within
a different SqlMap?

I'm sure I can remember reading in one of the docs that this is
possible but I've tried what I thought I can remember it saying and it
doesn't work.

Here's a line from within my resultMap:
<result property="anObj"   column="OBJ_ID"  select="AnObj.getById"/>

If I create a statement within the same SqlMap and change the select
statement to "getById" (instead of "AnObj.getById") it works fine...
But by leaving it how it is and moving the "getById" statement to the
AnObj.xml SqlMap it throws the following Exception:

SqlMapException: There is no statement named AnObj.getById in this SqlMap.

Is what I'm trying to do actually possible?  And if so any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Christopher