ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "James, Steven" <Steven.Ja...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: execute SQL statement that are not in a map
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:00:05 GMT
create a generic statement in a sqlmap
<statement id="Execute" parameterClass="string">
     #string
</statement>

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Pannell [mailto:steven.pannell@zooplus.com]
Sent: Tue 3/22/2005 3:16 PM
To: 'ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: execute SQL statement that are not in a map

Hi,

I build some SQL statements in java and want to execute them on the DB.  As
I don't have a iBatis-map for these (they are build dynamically) what is the
best way to execute the statements on the db. the SqlMapClient does not have
any kind of execute method. The only thing I came up with at the moment was:

client.getDataSource().getConnection().prepareStatement(mysql).executeQuery(
)

Bit nasty...

Any ideas?

Thanks,