ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Fereira <ja...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Struggling with insertion of Clob into the database. PS:
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:39:20 GMT
At 08:10 AM 3/25/2005 -0700, Clinton Begin wrote:
>Yes.  Absolutely.
>
>I've never been a fan of MoinMoin.   It's crap.
>
>Confluence is big, slow and overcomplicated.  But at least it works.   :-)

Yes, Confluence (and especially when you add Jira) is big.  I also found it
to be slow when I first deployed it on a 1.1ghz Pentium III with a gig of
memory. We've since upgraded the memory to 3 gig and it runs quite fine.  I
also don't find it overcomplicated and, in fact, quite end user
friendly.  Having the full notation guide available from any page being
editing is quite helpful and I find the confluence notation to be more
intuitive.  If you're going to try and deploy Confluence I would also
recommend the Jira issue tracking system (it can also be evaluated and
freely deployed with a OSS license).

BTW, I have no vested interest with Atlassian, but up until I started using
Confluence (through my participation with the uPortal project) I wasn't
sold on using wikis but confluence changed my mind.

Since you're using the Apache hardware infrastructure and available wiki
you may have to deploy confluence (if you choose to go that way) on a
server installed elsewhere.

>Anyone else have experience with good Wiki solutions?
>
>(This thread should probably be moved to the ibatis-dev list).

I'm not currently subscribed to the dev list.  What's the traffic level like?